Having good foot health is important if you want your whole body to feel good - and really, who doesn't want that? But persistent heel pain keeps many of us from enjoying that experience of feeling good all over, as conditions like plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, arthritis, nerve irritation, or even a hidden stress fracture are often at fault for fettered feet.
At Kenneth R. Meisler, DPM, you can find all the answers you're looking for for your foot pain, as expert podiatrists like Dr. Meisler himself have been training the majority of their lives for the opportunity to serve your feet today! Whether it's treating the most common root of heel pain, plantar fasciitis, or lesser-seen maladies like foot cysts, the trusted podiatrists here can fix your feet in due time, every time!
Check out some of the leading ways you can help prevent heel pain below:
- Wear footwear often: Walking around without shoes puts excessive stress on your plantar fascia tendon and other nearby foot muscles.
- Trust ice: Using an ice pack on your heel for 20-minute intervals just a couple times each day (once in the morning at breakfast and once after work, perhaps) can help lower inflammation. Remember not to put the ice directly on your skin, though; use a towel between the two surfaces.
- Padding and strapping: Putting pads or moleskin in your shoes makes walking smoother and less impactful on your heels.
- Orthotic devices: Invest in custom orthotic devices that are personalized to fit your feet and overcome any structural abnormalities that could be causing your heel pain.
- Splints: Wearing a splint helps your feet maintain a healthy structure that can counteract the long hours of stress you otherwise may be putting on them throughout the day. Night splints are an option, too, and can further improve the integrity of your foot structure and health.
For more information on overcoming heel pain in the New York City area, give Dr. Meisler a call at (212) 628-4444 today!